Metal Image Design

Metal Image Design

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fused Glass & Metal





I received a call on Monday from Regina Marie Design Gallery in Holland. I met with the owner Regina, who works in the art fused glass. She has some amazing work in her gallery! She had a big show coming up this weekend and wanted me to get a few pieces built to display at the show. It was very short notice, but it all worked out. There are two wall sculptures and one table incorporating her fused glass art with the metal. I love the mixed media. The two go well together.

While working on the plate that makes up the table top, the plate slipped from the vise and fell on my toes. Unfortunately, I wasn't wearing my steel toed shoes at the time and ended up breaking a couple of them. It's the first time I've broken a bone in my body, but it could have been much worse. It's just very uncomfortable to walk needless to say.

I have a lot of people ask me if metal sculpture is hard. I can attest that it is. One must endure smashed body parts, burns, cuts, flying debris, smoke inhalation, and being on fire occasionally. I could tell you a few funny, "I got hurt" stories. If you have a passion for something though, you're willing to endure just about anything. I feel very blessed to be able to do what I do, and be able to share it with others.

If you get a chance, check out Regina Marie Design Gallery. 525 Michigan Ave. Holland, MI on the corner of 22nd street.

No comments:

Post a Comment